VMware Cloud Community
thuso607
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vSphere HA agent can't reach gateway ip address

Good day,

My vCenter server appliance is displaying this error: "vSphere HA agent on this host could not reach isolation address 192.168.1.1".

The 192.168.1.1 is the gateway address that I have assigned on the esci host and the vCenter server appliance. what can I do to mitigate this error?

Thanks in advance.gateway error.PNG

Regards

Thuso

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
depping
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I think the error message is pretty clear. HA tries to ping the isolation address to ensure it can validate an isolation situation when the network has failed. That isolation address is usually the default gateway. As such the selected IP address or the default gateway, needs to be an ip-address that can be pinged from the management network!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alex_Romeo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I think the error message is pretty clear. HA tries to ping the isolation address to ensure it can validate an isolation situation when the network has failed. That isolation address is usually the default gateway. As such the selected IP address or the default gateway, needs to be an ip-address that can be pinged from the management network!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

0 Kudos