VMware Cloud Community
nettech1
Expert
Expert

vSphere Distributed Switch teaming matched status Alarm

Hi,

We are seeing vSphere Distributed Switch teaming matched status alarm after enabling VLAN and MTU / Teaming and failover Health Check.

VMware Knowledge Base states that the alarm is a result of misconfiguration.

We have 3 Port Groups on this DS and all 3 are set to route based on the originating virtual port.

On the physical side the ports are not either channeled. Each port is a Trunk port with VLANs used by the port groups assigned.

pg.jpg

What could be triggering the alarm?

Edit: VMware Knowledge Base​ describes our issue, however the KB was written for vCenter 5.1 and should be fixed in 5.5. We are on 6.7

iphash.jpg

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This may help: non-IP hash mismatch - distributed switch 6.5

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
nettech1
Expert
Expert

With all VMs migrated to a standard switch and host removed and then added to dvSwitch the error didn't come up.

no.jpg

The error comes back as soon as we add physical adapters to the uplink ports

er.jpg

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Unfortunately, I've found that health check to be very problematic over the years to the point where it's basically useless and is rarely turned on. If you absolutely must have it for the minuscule value it provides, it might be worth it to open a support case with GSS and have them investigate its wonkiness.

nettech1
Expert
Expert

daphnissov

Thanks for the response. We had heath check disabled, but enabled it as we were adding a new host to the cluster. Based on your comment and other forum posts where vcenter reports a problem while there may not be an issue with the configuration, we will check with VMWare support.

Thanks again

0 Kudos