VMware Cloud Community
drheim
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vSAN Datastore selection for Content Library

This should be an easy one.  I am running 6.7u2 and need a new content library.  I am adding additional disks into my vSAN datastore and was planning on just expanding the current VMFS6 datastore, that has running VMDKs in it, and putting the content library into that same datastore.  The datastore is not too big, but let me know if anyone thinks this should be handled differently and I should have a separate datastore only for content library, etc.  The content library data is not critical, but it is just a few ISO and should be less than 50GB so I am more concerned about any VM impact it could cause by adding it into an existing vmdk datastore.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NicolasAlauzet
Jump to solution

Hey!

You can use any datastore for the content library. Recommendation is a shared one of course.

In your case, if you are using vSAN, you can use that 100% and wont impact anything in your platform (only the space allocation)

Cheers

N

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Triple VCIX (CMA-NV-DCV) | vExpert | MCSE | CCNA

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
NicolasAlauzet
Jump to solution

Hey!

You can use any datastore for the content library. Recommendation is a shared one of course.

In your case, if you are using vSAN, you can use that 100% and wont impact anything in your platform (only the space allocation)

Cheers

N

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Triple VCIX (CMA-NV-DCV) | vExpert | MCSE | CCNA
0 Kudos
drheim
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks Nicolas - I just wanted to be sure that selecting an active datastore with VMDKs in it, etc would not cause any issues.

0 Kudos