VMware Cloud Community
barnette08
Expert
Expert

vLCM - Export Offline Bundle Failure

Hey all - I've run into an error where if I try to export a vLCM cluster image ZIP (offline bundle) with the following error:

A general system error occurred: Error occurred while exporting ESXi image and/or image document.

I've been able to export these images many times on this vCenter before prior to this but out of nowhere I get the failure.  Does anyone know if there's maybe a directory that gets filled up too quickly or something to that affect?

TIA!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
barnette08
Expert
Expert

So a workaround that I've found for this is:

1. Create the cluster image without the add-on bundle.
  2. Edit the cluster image and add the add-on bundle.
  3. Export ZIP works again.

I've seen this issue across multiple versions now and seems to be a bug.  Originally submitted an SR when vLCM was first released which was never resolved, but this has now come up again and seems to be bug related.

rm_bk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This problem still exists in 7.0U2a.  Similar workaround...  I had to remove both the hardware bundle and an optional component.

0 Kudos
ArnoKattenpoelO
Contributor
Contributor

A year later, problem still exists. Did you guys do any bug report about this issue?

And thanks for the workaround! 🙂

0 Kudos
SureshKumarMuth
Commander
Commander

Exporting the json/iso/zip didn't work. However, it opens new tab in browser with a link . We tried to use wget <URL> inside the vCenter server itself and downloaded the image. Then used winscp to copy the file. 

Regards,
Suresh
https://vconnectit.wordpress.com/
0 Kudos
rm_bk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The year of our Lord two thousand and twenty-three is upon us and this export issue has not been resolved.

Perhaps I'll try again next year?

0 Kudos
ArnoKattenpoelO
Contributor
Contributor

Indeed, the problem got worse though, I can't even download the image with http or with the scp method seems like the entire image isn't generated anymore. Haven't tested 8.0 will give it a try when I have time in my homelab.

0 Kudos