VMware Cloud Community
vSohill
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

vCetner Appliance time problem

Hi Community,

I configured vCA with default time sync then I noticed that vCetner is tow hours back in time than the hosts or the VMs. I could not used other method for timing sync such as NTP because the option is grayed out.

Any help please

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sateesh_vCloud
Jump to solution

From a command line, enter the following commands to configure and start an NTP client.

yast2 ntp-client add server=your_chosen_time_server yast2 ntp-client enable

Enter the following command to request immediate synchronization with the time server.

sntp -P no -r your_chosen_time_server

The vCenter Server Appliance clock is synchronized with the NTP server.

------------------------------------------------------------------------- Follow me @ www.vmwareguruz.com Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you found it useful T. Sateesh VCIX-NV, VCAP 5-DCA/DCD,VCP 6-NV,VCP 5 DCV/Cloud/DT, ZCP IBM India Pvt. Ltd

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Sateesh_vCloud
Jump to solution

From a command line, enter the following commands to configure and start an NTP client.

yast2 ntp-client add server=your_chosen_time_server yast2 ntp-client enable

Enter the following command to request immediate synchronization with the time server.

sntp -P no -r your_chosen_time_server

The vCenter Server Appliance clock is synchronized with the NTP server.

------------------------------------------------------------------------- Follow me @ www.vmwareguruz.com Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you found it useful T. Sateesh VCIX-NV, VCAP 5-DCA/DCD,VCP 6-NV,VCP 5 DCV/Cloud/DT, ZCP IBM India Pvt. Ltd
0 Kudos