VMware Cloud Community
tekhie
Contributor
Contributor

vCentre Hosts events every few seconds - user root@127.0.0.1 logged in as

hi - i have recently upgraded my DL360 Gen8 hardware to ESXi 5.1. Update 1.

Every 60 seconds i now get the following Events logged in vCentre ...

user root@127.0.01 logged in as

user root@ logged out

I have a numbe rof other Gen8's running Esxi 5.1 and these are ok.

I have identified HP-AMS as being the culprit as if i stop the HP-AMS service the events stop being generated.  When i start the service they start generating again.

I rely on HP SIM for hardware monitoring, so would like to keep this service running.

Has anyone else seen this issue on their hardware ? if so did you manage to stop the events ?  VMware are telling me its not unusual, and that may be correct, but it makes viewing the events for useful information more difficult

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Please check http://communities.vmware.com/thread/76202.

Mark my answer as helpful or correct if it helped you..

0 Kudos
slmpptc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm seeing the same issue on BL465c Gen8 blades running ESXi 5.0 U2 with the latest HP bundles installed.  Same fix for me, which was to disable the hp-ams service.  Hopefully HP will fix this in the next bundle release.

Here's another thread going on this:  http://communities.vmware.com/thread/442374?start=0&tstart=0

0 Kudos
grasshopper
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Fresh off the press (new KB 2055917) provides a work-around.  You may not like the caveat (iLO4 will no longer be able to monitor the vmkernel), but at least the VCDB won't fill up and the spam will be minimized.

0 Kudos
djciaro
Expert
Expert

Thanks, I have been waiting for VMware to publish something about this, we have the problem since our upgrade to 5.1 on G8 blades but G7 as they are still with iLO3.

Solved using chkconfig hp-ams.sh off

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!
0 Kudos