VMware Cloud Community
jrhaakenson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vCenter vSphere Client Refresh Button Spinning Continually

I have two different vCenter servers where the refresh button in the vSphere Client continually spins.  After about 10-15 minutes of use the vSphere client locks up and I have to close the browser tab and reopen the tab to start working in it again.  I can't determine if this is a browser issue or a vSphere Client issue.  I've tried reinstalling browsers, clearing browser data/cookies, restarting vCenter, different browsers, etc... but nothing seems to help.  I can also use the same browsers on on other vCenter servers and the vSphere client runs fine.  So is this a vCenter issue or a browser issue?  I've attached a screenshot to show the refresh button in the top-right of the vSphere Client I am referring to.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jrhaakenson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I found the issue.  The issue is caused by being joined to the VMware Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP), but having all VMware sites/internet access blocked.  One of my particular VCSAs was on a classified network and had no internet access so the CEIP cannot reach out and do anything.  I believe this was causing the vSphere Client refresh button to continually spin as it was trying to reach out to the CEIP but could not.  I had to leave the CEIP and also restart the vCenter server to clear up the issue.  My other Unclassified VCSA, was also joined to the CEIP but I believe that network has certain VMware locations blacklisted so it probably wasn't able to reach out either.  Either way, leaving the CEIP and restarting the VCSA resolved this issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jrhaakenson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I found the issue.  The issue is caused by being joined to the VMware Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP), but having all VMware sites/internet access blocked.  One of my particular VCSAs was on a classified network and had no internet access so the CEIP cannot reach out and do anything.  I believe this was causing the vSphere Client refresh button to continually spin as it was trying to reach out to the CEIP but could not.  I had to leave the CEIP and also restart the vCenter server to clear up the issue.  My other Unclassified VCSA, was also joined to the CEIP but I believe that network has certain VMware locations blacklisted so it probably wasn't able to reach out either.  Either way, leaving the CEIP and restarting the VCSA resolved this issue.

0 Kudos