VMware Cloud Community
RandyColvin
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter server updates are available: 8.0.0.10200

While trying to upgrade vCenter 8 version 8.0.0.10100 (Build: 20920323) to 8.0.0.10200 (Build: 21216066, I get to step 3 and receive the message box

For the selected target version, use GUI installer or CLI to proceed with upgrade and vCenter Server Management Interface for update.

The vCenter Server Life-cycle Manager plugin needs to be updated to the latest version in order to orchestrate properly the update process. After the plugin is updated, the UI will reload automatically.

Current Version
8.0.0.10100 (Build: 20920323)
Required version
8.0.0.10200 (Build: 21216066)

Life-Cycle Manager plugin needs upgrade.pngHow to I upgrade the vCenter Server Life-cycle Manager plugin to version 8.0.0.10200 (Build: 21216066)?

6 Replies
chalkynz
Contributor
Contributor

Edit: I tried also download from https://customerconnect.vmware.com/patch but can't install from client.  VMUG Advantage still has old version.  Full installer only wants to upgrade from v6 or v7.  Hopeless.

0 Kudos
AndreiDRS
Contributor
Contributor

I've got the same problem!

0 Kudos
AndreiDRS
Contributor
Contributor

Actually you need to go to "vCenter Server Management", the app runs on port 5480, and select the "Update" menu. From there, you can update / upgrade without any problems.

Anil0210
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello @RandyColvin 

Currently update using H5 Client is not available. It will list the updates available. To perform actual update use Management interface by  visiting https://<VC IP>:5480.

The error banner suggests same - 

For the selected target version, use GUI installer or CLI to proceed with upgrade and vCenter Server Management Interface for update.

0 Kudos
chalkynz
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah Upgrade vs Update confused me.  Update via web mgmt on port 5480 worked just fine, thank you!

0 Kudos
subhendu2015
Contributor
Contributor

Worked the way described . Thanks !

Tags (1)
0 Kudos