VMware Cloud Community
kwg66
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

vCenter perfchart health

I am seeing email alerts coming in generated from this service..  Why? 

1.  Our inventory isn't that large, only 74 hosts.. yet we are seeing issues with this service continually

2.  Log into the vCenter web client as administrator, go to administration \ system configuration \ services and attempt to restart the service, the logging shows that restart is required for all these components for which I really don't know about, see screenshot:

pastedImage_0.png

OK, so I attempt to restart the services, the task fails, never gets beyond 0%,  with some strange message about not being able to contact the node... Hello, this is an embedded installation with all vCenter components running on the same server.. so this is ugly

Next - I log into the windows server housing the vCenter installation, launch the command prompt as administrator, and can successfully restart the perfchart service..

However, after logging back into the webclient, I don't see that the logging above is any different than what it shows above, it was as if nothing was done at all in the logs..

What is this piece of shit you call a mgmt. product doing ??

OK, so I then attempt to restart the perfchart service again, but this time it succeeds in the web client, but after is succeeds, the logging is still the same as shown above where it shows that restarts are required..

Can someone shed some light on whats going on here? 

Also, not sure what this logging is actually doing, because there isn't any time stamps.. and even after restarting the service 2x, I still see the "restart required"

0 Kudos
0 Replies