VMware Cloud Community
vadm168
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vCenter on Windows 2008r2 migrating to VCSA 6.5

Hi,

I am reading the docs on the migration process but don't see the requirements of having the services stopped on the source vCenter. Even though I've asked the users not to run any (automated) tasks during the migration window, could it introduce inconsistencies if there are tasks running while the database is being exported?

On the other hand, should I stop the services anyway on the source vCenter since I assume Migration Assistant is the one extracting/zipping/exporting the source data? My setup on the source is having MS SQL DB/all vcenter services in the same VM so free memory is pretty much constantly low.

Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Raj1988
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Migration assistant will export the required data to an export folder and keep it ready for transfer. None of the services has to be manually interfered . Once the VCSA is deployed and data is transferred ; the new VCSA would take the FQDN and IP of the Source thereby shutting down the source VC .

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Raj1988
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Migration assistant will export the required data to an export folder and keep it ready for transfer. None of the services has to be manually interfered . Once the VCSA is deployed and data is transferred ; the new VCSA would take the FQDN and IP of the Source thereby shutting down the source VC .