I have a "problem" with the sessions management of the vCenter since a very long time. Currently I have the VCSA 22.214.171.12400 Build Number 7119157
When I have a look at the sessions I see some user having a lot of sessions, some of these sessions are idle some are active. Why are there so much sessions of the same users? These people just connect to some VMs (VMRC) and nothing more. As mentioned IP address it's 127.0.0.1 or the external IP address of vCenter server itself.
It's a good idea.
But no that should not be the problem. The only single plugin is the HPE OneView for VMware vCenter.
Don't think this is the problem. Because that plugin is only installed since half a year and the situation persists since years.
No there aren't. And if then it would only be my own account, because I'm to VMware and Storage Administrator. But all other accounts, which use vCenter, are affected too.
Yes I disabled it now. But because this was already before I installed that plugin there will be no change. And there aren't any other plugins. I'll usually try not to install 3rd party plugins.
The third line from bottom points to the external IP of vCenter.
The last two lines point to a second user.
Hey Schaedle, I just wanted to let you know that you aren't the only one experiencing this issue. I've got a ticket opened with VMware looking into this exact same thing and right now they are stumped. My environment uses external PSCs and has multiple VCSAs. Let me know if your environment is similar or different since that might help determine if any of that might be a factor. Even stranger for my environment is the fact that the user that keeps having multiple logins generated is smartcard login required meaning that user name / password doesn't even work for his account. He definitely isn't linked to a service for that reason. It is baffling how a smartcard enabled account would generate so many logins. Whenever I force the accounts to disconnect they just come right back within minutes. The only thing I haven't tried is shutting down all PSCs and VCSAs and then bringing them back online one at a time to see if this ends the vicious cycle!
that makes me "happy" that I'm not alone
Our system is different. We only have one single VCSA with all services running on this appliance. We have a forest with some domains, and the VCSA is joined to one of these domains.
After a reboot it's usually fine for some time but then these connections come back.
There may be one thing special....Currently we still have a trust to another domain. But there are no users connected from this old domain.
If you send me a PM I can give you contact details and VMware may have a look at our system too. A valid support contract exists.
Don't know if this is the solution yet but VMware is recommending upgrading to vCenter Server 6.5 Update 1d. They say there was a bug fix which should resolve this issue.
Alternatively, modifying webclient.properties and setting performance.charts.keep.alive.period=0 will at least mask the issue but won't entirely fix it like performing the upgrade will