VMware Cloud Community
MaxHolder
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter migration from 6.0 u2 to 6.5 u1 - What happens to my Windows sub-ca issues Cert.

Hi,

I am about to migrate to vCenter 6.5 u1. Since I have windows ca issue certificate, I was wondering if I will need to reissue new cert or will they be converted to the new vCenter name?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SridharG
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Max,

During Migration (windows to Linux) from 60u2 to 65u1, vCenter Name will not change, so Custom certificates will also get migrated to new VCSA.

-Sridhar

If it is useful, plz mark answer as correct or helpful.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks & Regards
Sridhar Gattu,
VCP55, RHCE 6.0.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are strictly my own. I am solely responsible for all content published here. Content published here is not read, reviewed, or approved in advance by VMware and does not necessarily represent or reflect the views or opinions of VMware.
0 Kudos
MaxHolder
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for your answer but I am migrating from a Linux appliances to Linux appliances.

I imagine that I will have to reissue since my vCenter name will change along the way.

Thanks

Max

0 Kudos
SridharG
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

During upgrade of Linux appliance (VCSA) to Linux appliance (VCSA), host name will not change.

If it is useful, plz mark answer as correct or helpful.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks & Regards
Sridhar Gattu,
VCP55, RHCE 6.0.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are strictly my own. I am solely responsible for all content published here. Content published here is not read, reviewed, or approved in advance by VMware and does not necessarily represent or reflect the views or opinions of VMware.
0 Kudos