VMware Cloud Community
mephistopoa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vCenter appliance "Failed to install updates(Update manifest not downloaded. Please try to download again. )"

Hi there

I've downlaoded a new OVA of vCenter 5.5.0.20200 Build 2183109 and deployed a couple of days ago as the previous instance was giving the same problem. Now I'm having again the same error:

VMware vCenter Server Appliance

Update to version 5.5.0 Update 2b

Last Install:

"Failed to install updates(Update manifest not downloaded. Please try to download again. ) on Monday, October 20, 2014 4:00:03 AM GMT+01:00

I can't find any solution anywhere. Any ideas of what I can do?

Thanks!

7 Replies
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Which method is being used to get updates?

Can you check if the internet is reachable from the appliance?

Abhilash B
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/

0 Kudos
mephistopoa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just clicking on checking updates on the web interface on port 5480

internet works, dns resolution works too. Just tested now usinng ssh on the vcentre server

0 Kudos
raog
Expert
Expert

Isnt that the latest available version? What version are you expecting to go to after checking the updates?

Can you specify which version you currently have?

Regards

Girish

To Virtualization and beyond! PS::If you felt the answer as helpful, please mark it as helpful/answered so that it helps other users as well! Blog:: www.virtualtipsntricks.com
0 Kudos
mephistopoa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm not entirely sure now about the build number, I think it was 220xxx something? I can't find it now, but even if there are no updates it should report no updates available, right?

0 Kudos
symsym
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here.

Appliance version: 5.5.0.20400 Build 2442330

Last Install:

"Failed to install updates(Update manifest not downloaded. Please try to download again. ) on Friday, February 6, 2015 6:00:10 AM GMT+01:00

0 Kudos
CTN-PeteT
Contributor
Contributor

I also have:

VMware vCenter Server Appliance

Update to version 5.5.0 Update 2b

5.5.0.20200 Build 2183109

i have tried to update to version 5.5.0 Update 2d 5.5.0.20400 Build 2442330 but no luck. i have tried via web update and ISO update. i keep getting the following error:(this is the last error i have gotten when using attached ISO to update.

Last Check:

Friday, February 13, 2015 12:58:02 AM GMT-05:00 (Using update CD found on: /dev/sr0)

Last Install:

"Failed to install updates(Error while running installation tests) on Friday, February 13, 2015 12:57:49 AM GMT-05:00

If anyone has the answer please post it. Otherwise maybe they will fix it in 2e

0 Kudos
Benatio99
Contributor
Contributor

I still have the exact same issue... nothing within the Support side from VMWare to resolve this issue?  I'm about to deploy two new vCentre Appliances but wondering if this is the level of support that you get with the Appliance I'm better off using a Windows server.

Any way to resolve or is this a case of trash and re-install??

0 Kudos