VMware Cloud Community
SteveGalbincea
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

vCenter Web Client on High DPI Displays

I just received a new laptop, a Lenovo W540, which comes with a 3K display. The Windows 8.1 DPI settings were great and have resolved most issues with text and images being too small.

If I use IE11 to access the web client, the DPI is scaled and I can actually use the interface (although officially IE11 is not supported, which is my main concern). When using Firefox, Chrome, etc,  I am unable to zoom the interface to a useable level. What is even more strange is that the vCOPS interface DOES zoom like I would expect it to.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and found a workaround? Like I said, I would prefer to use an officially supported browser but technically IE11 does work right now. Any and all thoughts are appreciated, thanks!

Steve

0 Kudos
2 Replies
raminix
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue under Linux.  I am visually impaired and have been able to get everything on my new laptop set up perfectly with the exception of the vSphere Web Client.  It wouldn't be much of an issue if the traditional vSphere client under Windows were still an option as I could run that in my View instance.  Now that VMware has forced us to move over to the Web Client (not a bad thing - always hated being tethered to Windows machine), it makes it very difficult to do anything when you can't read the screen.  Chrome will not zoom and Firefox is no longer an option due to Flash version being too low.  Searching for some extension or plugin to address the issue has turned up nothing and right click in the Web Client has been disabled, so no zoom option there. 

-Allen

0 Kudos
SteveGalbincea
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Glad (sort of, sorry for you as well) that I am not the only one having this problem. I think this boils down to a flash issue under Firefox for me as I can get acceptable results using IE11 or Chrome - but the problem I have there is the way Windows handles self signed certificates and not letting 3rd party web plugins load such as Zerto.

The bottom line is we need the ability to scale the Web Client interface like we can in vCOPS.

0 Kudos