VMware Cloud Community
rodrigoti
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter VM Version Windows Server 2012 Support

Hi everyone

I have a vCenter 5 (5.0.0, 623373) managing three clusters (ESXi, 5.0.0, 768111), the virtual machine verion of my envyroment is version 8 and at the version of my vCenter and my ESXi hosts I´m able to create vm´s with Windows Server 2012 by setting the operational system version to "Microsoft Windows Server 8". I know that vCenter 5 update 1 brings the virtual machine version 9 and fully support with Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8 but I´m doubt about the compatibility and support of virtual machine version 8 with Windows Server 2012, once my envyroment is able to create virtual machines in the latest version of Windows Server, these virtual machines are fully compatible with the guest os version?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal

Windows 2012 is fully supported on 5.0 U2, which was released in December. Virtual hardware version 8 is fine for Windows 2012, and you won't have any problems here.

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com