antonio7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vCenter: Strange icons

I use ESXi 5.1.0.914609, vCenter 5.1.0.880146 and vSphere Client 5.1.0.860230

When I connect to vCenter server, I se the hollowing picture:

VMware.png

But when I connect to ESXi directly, all the red servers are fine and have a green icon indicationg that server is running.

What could be reason of these red icons?

Update: there are no Triggered Alarms for these hosts.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Unless you have Autostart enabled on the host, you may try and see whether restarting the Management Agents solves this issue.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Depending on the Alarm settings. Alarms need to be manually cleared/acknowledged from the Alarms tab by the Administrator in order to not miss any important issues.

André

aravinds3107
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

What could be reason of these red icons?

Select the VM on the left Pane -> On the right side select the Alarm Tab where you will see the alrams triggered for the VM.

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful |Blog: http://aravindsivaraman.com/ | Twitter : ss_aravind
antonio7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Sorry, I forgot to mention that Triggered Alarms is empty both for VM, ESXi and vCenter. There are no alarms anywhere. Probably there was earlier, but they was acknowledged.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Unless you have Autostart enabled on the host, you may try and see whether restarting the Management Agents solves this issue.

André

0 Kudos