VMware Cloud Community
b7698
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter Storage config issues

I recently had a VMware PSO do some work on my closed network configuration.  The problem I am currently having is getting my 5 vSphere hosts to all see the storage. My storage device is a Pure Storage m70 with 10GB connections.  

Currently only 1 vSphere is presented with the LUNs.  When I add the target address and click the Path tab, I see all the paths to my storage.  When I do the same on the other 4 servers, no Paths are presented. 

When I use the Pure Storage plugin to add the datastore to the other 4 vSphere hosts, I get an error message that roughly says "VMFS could not be found: No available disk".    To me this says that my storage device thinks my vSphere's are not recognized as vSphere's.

Has anyone had a problem with VMware vCenter and Pure Storage similar to my problem before?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
pwilk
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Is your storage device configured to allow multiple connections to an iSCSI share?

Cheers, Paul Wilk
0 Kudos
b7698
Contributor
Contributor

That's not the answer.  My device is preconfigured to allow multiple connections out of the box. 

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Did you already check the configuration on the Pure Web GUI, to see whether the LUNs are presented to all hosts?

André

0 Kudos
codypure
Contributor
Contributor

Sounds like there is a misconfiguration in the network. Are you using jumbo frames? VLANs? iSCSI Port Binding? The first step would be to use vmkping in the ESXi hosts that do not work to see if they can communicate with the FlashArray iSCSI targets. Also might be worth using the nc command to see if they can also talk to the FlashArray iSCSI targets over port 3260

0 Kudos