VMware Cloud Community
munkyman
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter Server Service Won't Start in Appliance and web client error "Could not connect to one or more vCenter Server Systems: xxx:443/sdk"

I believe the trouble all started with a power loss to all hosts and NAS.

After the power returned, the vCenter Server Appliance failed to start.  Getting into the console showed errors and it prompted by to "Clone Multiply Claimed Blocks".  Based on other searches, I said yes.  It did its thing and the vCenter Server Appliance booted up.

I then connected to the vSphere web client and got the following error "Could not connect to on or more vCenter Server systems: https://[vcenter server appliance IP]:443/sdk" and the inventory is blank.

So I went to the :5480 port of the vCenter Server appliance and saw under the summary tab that vCenter Server was stopped.  When I try to start it, it starts trying to start and it gets to "initializing vpdx" before failing and going back to "Stopped".

Database: embedded

SSO: embedded

AD: disabled

all other services are running except for "vSphere Auto Deploy"

I tested all settings and the only one that failed was SSO.  so I put in the same admin password that we've always used and it accepted the settings.  I tried restarting the vCenter Server Service and it failed at the same spot.

Another odd thing is that in the vCenter Server Appliance won't let me click on any of the other tabs besides "vCenter Server", not Network, system, Update, etc.

All KB's I find assume the vCenter Server is on Windows - this is the appliance.

I could really use a hand here!  Thanks!

Alex

0 Kudos
0 Replies