VMware Cloud Community
SWds07
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter Server Appliance 5.5 Update 3a to Update 3b Failing

I'm in a bit of a bind with my VCSA.

Yesterday I went to update it from 5.5 Update 3a to Update 3b and the update was interrupted. Ever since then, I have been unable to get the appliance to update.

The original error was something to the effect of: "failed to install updates(installation failed abnormally (program aborted), the current version may be invalid. please try again.)"

It is now failing with the message "Failed to install updates(Error while running installation tests)".

I've done multiple reboots of the appliance, reset the built-in database, and attempted updates from an ISO image as I have seen suggested in other blogs, articles, etc.

I've also gone into the logs and poked around to see what I could find but I honestly don't know what I'm looking for in particular.

Unfortunately, I don't have a good backup of the appliance or I would restore and go from there. You can certainly bet I will be sure to get a good backup once this is complete...

Usually I am able to work through these types of issues on my own but this one has me a bit stumped.

If anyone has a thought of something I could try, I would be very appreciative.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
0 Replies