VMware Cloud Community
pizzle85
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

vCenter SSO 5.5u2b HA for vCAC re-install STS service Unrecognized option: --install

im attempting to configure the vCenter SSO 5.5u2b in an HA config for use with vCAC 6.1. Im following the guide:

http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/products/vCloud/VMW-vRealize-Automation-61-Deployment-Guide-HA-Confi...

and have come to the end of the document where I am re-installing the STS service. when i attempt to execute the command:

“c:\Program Files\Common Files\VMware\VMware vCenter Server - Java

Components\bin\java.exe” -cp “c:\Program

Files\VMware\Infrastructure\VMware\CIS\vmware-sso\*;c:\Program

Files\VMware\Infrastructure\VMware\CIS\vmware-sso\lib\*;.;*”

com.vmware.identity.installer.STSInstaller --install --root-cert-path

ssoserverRoot.crt --cert-path ssoserverSign.crt --private-key-path

ssoserverSign.key --retry-count 2 --retry-interval 30

(put into a single line and correcting the parentheses) i get the errors:

Unrecognized option: --install

Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.

Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

I have installed the SSO application on the E: drive so I updated the script to reflect "e" like so:

"c:\Program Files\Common Files\VMware\VMware vCenter Server - Java Components\bin\java.exe" -cp "e:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\VMware\CIS\vmware-sso\*;e:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\VMware\CIS\vmware-sso\lib\*;.;*"com.vmware.identity.installer.STSInstaller --install --root-cert-path ssoserverRoot.crt --cert-path ssoserverSign.crt --private-key-path ssoserverSign.key --retry-count 2 --retry-interval 30

any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pizzle85
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

i found the issue... there needs to be a space between ...;.;*" and com.vmware... The command from the document is missing that space. After executing the command:

"c:\Program Files\Common Files\VMware\VMware vCenter Server - Java Components\bin\java.exe" -cp "e:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\VMware\CIS\vmware-sso\*;e:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\VMware\CIS\vmware-sso\lib\*;.;*" com.vmware.identity.installer.STSInstaller --install --root-cert-path ssoserverRoot.crt --cert-path ssoserverSign.crt --private-key-path ssoserverSign.key --retry-count 2 --retry-interval 30

the STS service re-installed properly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
pizzle85
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

i found the issue... there needs to be a space between ...;.;*" and com.vmware... The command from the document is missing that space. After executing the command:

"c:\Program Files\Common Files\VMware\VMware vCenter Server - Java Components\bin\java.exe" -cp "e:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\VMware\CIS\vmware-sso\*;e:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\VMware\CIS\vmware-sso\lib\*;.;*" com.vmware.identity.installer.STSInstaller --install --root-cert-path ssoserverRoot.crt --cert-path ssoserverSign.crt --private-key-path ssoserverSign.key --retry-count 2 --retry-interval 30

the STS service re-installed properly.

0 Kudos
pizzle85
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

it looks like someone just got lazy at the end of this set of instructions. The next three commands are all incorrect as well...

0 Kudos