VMware Cloud Community
AhmadMDS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vCenter HA

Hello,

I am trying to set up vCenter HA Basic Mode. But we received the below error and cannot proceed.

"Cannot find a network adapter for the vCenter Server management network (NIC0) on the vCenter Server Appliance guest OS. Once available, the first guest OS network adapter will be selected. Use Edit VM settings to add a network adapter"

any idea to resolve this issue ?

Thank you in advance Smiley Happy

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Do you have a dedicated heartbeat network that is separate from the production network? Did you assign an IP in that dedicated space? Can you show the configuration you used?

0 Kudos
AhmadMDS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

first I have created a port group named "vCenter-Native-HA" on each server in the cluster, then i headed to the vcenter configuration and chose the basic mode and clicked next, here the error appears.

IMG_2366.JPG

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Is your vCenter Server a VM managed by the same vCenter? If you use Basic, it has to be managed by itself.

0 Kudos
AhmadMDS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

yes, it is managed by itself

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Show the vCenter VM in the inventory. Then login to the VAMI of vCSA, go to Networking -> Manage and take a screenshot of your configuration.

0 Kudos
AhmadMDS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

i don't have access to the vcenter right now as it is at a customer's site.

VAMI is the VCSA managemtn console that can be accesses through the port 5480 right ?

What should i look for ?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Yes, port 5480. I'm checking to see if you have the hostname properly configured and the networking information is complete. If nic0 is not defined with networking information, the wizard cannot function.

0 Kudos
AhmadMDS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you for the info.

i may reply with a screenshot when i go to the customer's site so you can help me out, maybe tomorrow

thanks again

0 Kudos