VMware Cloud Community
baber
Expert
Expert

vCenter HA config

Dear all

Hi

1- As i know during install and config vcenter HA  we had to reserver 3 ip address my vcenter ip address now is :10.10.5.60 in vlan 600 now want to know these 3 ip adress had to exist in my network

or i can insert ip address such as 192.168.1.5 , 192.168.1.6, 192.168.1.7 ?

2- which port group do i had to select for vCenter HA network ?

BR

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MikeStoica
Expert
Expert

VMware recommends having a separate network for VCSA HA.

Check this post https://jorgedelacruz.uk/2019/01/14/vmware-how-to-configure-vcsa-6-7-ha-in-vsphere-client-html5-the-...

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

So thanks

i know had to define and create a new port group with new subnet but want to know can i define this portgroup or ips with a subnet that is not in my network for example in my network i have difference vlans such as vlan 20,30,31,40,41,50,51,60,61 but i don't have an ip address in range of 192.168.x.x all of my ip ranges are 10.10.50.x now can i set 192.168.1.5 for new vcenter ha network because in all of documents quoted that all of these three ip addresses just had to see each other and not to need ping from my pc

and the other questionis, Does vmware means select separate physical adapter for vCenter HA network or just select other portgroup on same physical adapter?

BR

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
HassanAlKak88
Expert
Expert

Hello,

It depends on the configuration, which means that if you have to follow up the best practices of VMware, which recommend to put the witness machine on a third site (means in a different cluster or hosts). in this case you have to create a private network on your L3 device (VLAN based)  and create a separated port group from vsphere side.

If you have to configure them within the same cluster, you can use an internal network without any VLAN creation on physical.

Please consider marking this answer "CORRECT" or "Helpful" if you think your question have been answered correctly.

Cheers,

VCIX6-NV|VCP-NV|VCP-DC|

@KakHassan

linkedin.com/in/hassanalkak

If my reply was helpful, I kindly ask you to like it and mark it as a solution

Regards,
Hassan Alkak
0 Kudos