VMware Cloud Community
mkbell
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter Database has grown to 4gb

Help my vcenter 5.0.0 ,455964  windows server version has reached the 4gb size and shrinking did not resolve the issue.

Please what more can i do if i am not ready for an upgrade to standard or enterprise sql database.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

As a fist step (after backing up the database of course) follow step 1 to 6 from VMware KB: Troubleshooting VPX_HIST_STAT table sizes in VMware vCenter Server 5.x to get an overview of the table sizes. I'd suggest you remove "where NAME like '%VPX_HIST_STAT1%'" from the SELECT clause to see all tables.

Depending on the table sizes, either search the VMware Knowledgeable for how to get rid of unnecessary data, or reply to this discussion and provide the results of the query.

André

0 Kudos
Borja_Mari
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello,

i would recommend you to check this vmware's KB, it can be helpful:

VMware KB: Purging old data from the database used by VMware vCenter Server 4.x and 5.x

VMware KB: Determining where growth is occurring in the VMware vCenter Server database

VMware KB: Reducing the size of the vCenter Server database when the rollup scripts take a long time...

Best regards,

Pablo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PLEASE CONSIDER AWARDING any HELPFUL or CORRECT reply. Thanks!! Por favor CONSIDERA PREMIAR cualquier respuesta ÚTIL o CORRECTA . ¡¡Muchas gracias!! VCP3, VCP4, VCP5-DCV (VCP550), vExpert 2010, 2014 BLOG: http://communities.vmware.com/blogs/VirtuallyAnITNoob
0 Kudos
mkbell
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Please find attached query result.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

According to the file you provided the largest tables are "VPX_HIST_STAT2" and "VPX_TEXT_ARRAY" . So what you can do - after backing up the database of course - is to follow the KB article I provided earlier for "VPX_HIST_STAT2", and http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2005333 for "VPX_TEXT_ARRAY".

The last time I needed to run the Delete command for the "VPX_TEXT_ARRAY" table, I had to set the database's log file to unrestricted growth, because the default size limit was not sufficient for the transaction.

André

0 Kudos