VMware Cloud Community
Knowledgable
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vCenter Client Performance Slow / Degraded

Hi All,

Came in this morning and found the vCSA to be extremely slow, leading to 'query execution timeouts'. Running on 6.5U1, with 3 VMs on vSAN datastore inclusive of the vCSA.

Takes near 3 minutes to login, and selecting different objects requires time to generate a response. vSAN memory usage is currently at 47 / 256 GB. Connecting to the individual hosts works seemlessly so the issue seems to be confined with the vCSA.

Attached some screenshots of top and cat /proc/meminfo of the vCSA, hoping it helps.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Knowledgable
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Resolved it.

In conjunction with LDAP, vCSA seems to be attempting to connect to a non-standard port TCP/3268 to access the global catalog.

Allowed that and good to go, hopefully helps someone else.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Do you happen to have vRealize Business registered to this vCenter at all?

0 Kudos
Knowledgable
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Not at present, this is pretty much a clean install with two clean windows servers and the vCSA. So i'm perplexed here.

0 Kudos
Knowledgable
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Update #01

I have logged in with the vsphere.local account and everything runs smoothly. Went over to the domain account and this is where the lag occurs, AD connectivity works as expected (attached two screenshots). I have tried resetting the user settings from the drop down however no luck. This has been working for the past 5 days with no issues.

Any ideas ? Also, where would i find logs related to domain related queries ?

0 Kudos
Knowledgable
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Resolved it.

In conjunction with LDAP, vCSA seems to be attempting to connect to a non-standard port TCP/3268 to access the global catalog.

Allowed that and good to go, hopefully helps someone else.

0 Kudos