VMware Cloud Community
T_16
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vCenter 7.0u3d UI Change

Hi I just wanted to complain that the UI change for this release is absolutely terrible.

The dead space around the tree list of VMs and clusters is shocking.

Why round the scrollbars? Looks awful.

I compared it to our older 7.0u2d and despite that taking some time to get used to, the density of information for the tree view on the left was far superior. Even looking back at some of our old v6.7 Dev systems, the UI was better, more colours, easier to read, much more density of tree view information.

What on Earth is going on with the UI I have no idea now, please, please change the view back and get rid of all the dead space, it is making our daily jobs harder.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
omerfcolakoglu
Contributor
Contributor

Hello;

With the Stylebot plugin for Chrome and Edge, you can get rid of the dead spaces on the UI side a bit.I don't think the VMware team will make changes to the UI.We pulled the plug-in and Zoom ratio below 90% and tidied up the screen a little bit.

By adding the Stylebot extension to Chrome or Edge, you can get rid of dead spaces if you add VC ip or FQDN to the URL section with the Add New Styles option in the Styles tab and paste the following lines on the bottom line.

.clr-treenode-caret {
height: 1.1rem;
}
T_16
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Never heard of that plug in, but it certainly did the trick, wonderful advice. Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
janzentech
Contributor
Contributor

I could not agree more. On top of everything you listed, the new GUI is a disaster for anyone with some colorblindness.  I can't see half the selections on the screen because they're in pastel blue, a color that's nearly invisible for me.  I agree, please give us back what we had before.

0 Kudos