VMware Cloud Community
lofseum
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vCenter 7.0.3 LifeCycle Manager error

I've just installed VCenter 7.0.3 Appliance.

Everything seems to be working except when I click on the Lifecycle Manager in VCenter I receive the following error:

Problem occurred while connecting to the Lifecycle Manager server.

The service from Lifecycle Manager is running without errors.

Additional info:
- Using a custom certificate
- I'm behind a proxy and configured it at: VMWare vCenter Server Management (5480 port)
- AD is connected, but I'm logging in with administrator@vsphere.local

Do you have any suggestions I can try?
Cannot find anything online; except for old issues with AD accounts (but as I said above, logging in locally) that already should have been fixed.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lofseum
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

There was another certificate in the chain, that was not provided by the certificate publisher. With XCA you could see another part of the chain that was public available. Uploaded that part into Vcenter Certificate Management and rebooted the Vcenter server (restart service should also work). Browsers recognize automatically that part of the chain, but not VMWARE/Vcenter.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
lofseum
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I've reverted to the VMCA certificates (removed the custom), and then the Lifecycle works....

0 Kudos
lofseum
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

There was another certificate in the chain, that was not provided by the certificate publisher. With XCA you could see another part of the chain that was public available. Uploaded that part into Vcenter Certificate Management and rebooted the Vcenter server (restart service should also work). Browsers recognize automatically that part of the chain, but not VMWARE/Vcenter.

0 Kudos