VMware Cloud Community
DefenderAtkins
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vCenter 6.7 Appliance keeps losing its default gateway

Hi all,

I have deployed a vCenter 6.7 Appliance into my current vSphere as I want to migrate my Windows vCenter Server 5.5 to 6.5 Appliance and onto 6.7 Appliance ( I know there is no direct upgrade path to 6.7 from 5.5).

So anyway I've deployed it as a VM in the current vSphere managed by vCenter Server 5.5, all was well, logged into web client and configured it, joined the domain, etc.

However, the next day I couldnt connect to it so I had a look in the console and found that it doesnt have a default gateway. I added the default gateway manually and saved it but as soon as I clicked Y to save the network configuration, the gateway disappears.

The only way to make this work is to remove the NIC from the VM and add it back in. This will work for about 5 minutes and then the gateway disappears again.

IP, subnet and gateway are correct. There are other machines in that network without an issue.

Any ideas?

pastedImage_0.png

Tags (2)
4 Replies
dcaswell
Contributor
Contributor

For anyone that finds this and has the same issue, I got around it by removing the NIC and readding it as an E1000.

Raj1988
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can you deploy the VCSA 6.7 on atleast an ESXi 6.0 and check if the same behaviour persists.

0 Kudos
djanotomus2
Contributor
Contributor

Interesting bug, hope this is resolved soon as it interrupted the deployment. The work around did work however. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Vijay2027
Expert
Expert

In my case I had to manually edit the network config file.

/etc/systemd/network

0 Kudos