VMware Cloud Community
ManuelCruz3288
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter 6.0 Reinstall

Hello VMware Professionals,

I originally installed vCenter to the wrong directories and attempted to uninstall it. Now my uninstall doesn't succeed and since then I've tried multiple method to manually remove it from my Server 2k8. I've tried the command VMware-vCenter-Server.exe /qr REMOVE="ALL" SSO_PASSWORD="enter_sso_password", I've tried manually deleting all of the directories in program files (32 and 64bit), program data, all and my user appdata directories, registry entries and so on. I'm at the end of my rope and need help. As always I greatly appreciate any help because my expertise is in Hyper-V not the fantastically renowned VMware platform.

Manuel Cruz Network Administrator
0 Kudos
2 Replies
dmeyner22
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just build a new VM and install vCenter.  I'm assuming you have no vCenter currently running?

0 Kudos
ManuelCruz3288
Contributor
Contributor

Yes that would make sense but I'm nesting vcenter on my hyper-v server which can and will work properly. So I can't make as VM because its on the host server. I'm utilizing vcenter to use AlientVault virtual machine so putting vcenter on a VM isnot an option because AlienVault monitors tcp/ip traffic which can only be monitored via VM managed by vcenter installed on a host server. Thanks for the advice.

Manuel Cruz Network Administrator
0 Kudos