VMware Cloud Community
Shutech
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter 6.0 Error Connecting to Web Client and can not login to Vcenter Appliance.

I have a Single Server set up 1 Host with 4 Virtual Machines.

VMWare ESXi 6.0 v1 Essential

two Virtual Machines are Server 2012 R2

one Virtual Machine is Windows 8.1

And the last Virtual Machine is vCenter Appliance 6.0 v1

I found out that I can no longer get to the vCenter Web Client.

I get the following error in the browser when I do:

503 Service Unavailable (Failed to connect to endpoint: [N7Vmacore4Http16LocalServiceSpecE:0x7f4018066140] _serverNamespace = /vsphere-client _isRedirect = false _port = 9090)

I logged onto the Vsphere Client and went to the vCenter Appliance and went to login through the console to root. The Password would not work.

I have not logged in as root to the vCenter Appliance for a long time and I saw mention in looking that up as Password expires after 90 days?

So now I am stuck and not sure what next move is without loosing data.

What do I tackle first and how do I proceed?

I was starting to get ready to upgrade to VMWare ESXi 6.7 Essential.

A lot going on here and just not sure which direction to go. Thank You!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Shutech
Contributor
Contributor

I think the File System is corrupted.

I went for changing password through the bash and when I entered Password I got the following:

passerror.jpg

I found an article on Fixing File System I tried to issue the following bash commands.

mount -n -o remount,rw

After I ran this I got a bunch of lines that looked like the help file for Mount. It was too long and ran off the screen.

fsck -f -c -y

I then went to run this and it told me the File System was Mounted and active and not to so I answered no and stopped there.

How do I fix the File System?

We had a power outage last week. I could try and restore last backup of vCenter but it is several weeks old and not sure if corrupted with power outage or before that and If I made no changes to the system which I have not in a year is it ok to restore an older backup of vCenter?

0 Kudos
Raj1988
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Go to GRUB and run df -h and check if the root partition is at 100% . If yes ; clean up unwanted files .

Use du -shc * to cehck what is occupying space .

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2069041

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2149278

Regards,

AJ