VMware Cloud Community
Phog
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vCenter 5.5 "Quick stats on <hostname> is not up-to-date"

I just did an upgrade from 5.1u1 to 5.5 on an HP DL380 G6.  I did a brand new vCSA 5.5 and added my hosts.  Every host now says "Quick stats on <hostname> is not up-to-date" in the yellow configuration issues box.  It says this same thing whether the host is running 5.1 or 5.5, which leads me to believe it's a vCenter issue?  Has anyone else seen this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
43 Replies
mauser_
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Same issue here.

Anybody?

0 Kudos
a_nut_in
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Not sure I understand. Are you seeing this in the VCSA or the Windows Virtual Center?

Also do you see the message if you take a direct vSphere Client connection to the ESX hosts (I know you may not, but just checking)

Do remember to mark my post as "helpful" or "correct" if I've helped resolve or answer your query!
0 Kudos
Phog
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

This is all through vCSA vSphere client, and web client as well.  It makes no sense to me, if I go to my 5.5 host it gives me the error.  If i go to my 5.1u1 host (which i haven't done anything to) it gives me the error.

0 Kudos
mauser_
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi, same here!

0 Kudos
a_nut_in
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

vSphere Documentation Center

Could be this "A set of statistics that are typically updated with near real-time regularity. This data object type does not support notification, for scalability reasons. Therefore, changes in QuickStats do not generate property collector updates. To monitor statistics values, use the statistics and alarms modules instead."

When you click on the VM tabs, are you able to see performance data etc for the VM's and hosts? Is there any functionality broken that you are aware of?

Do remember to mark my post as "helpful" or "correct" if I've helped resolve or answer your query!
0 Kudos
mauser_
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I don`t find anything strange. It seems i am missing nothing...

0 Kudos
Phog
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Same, everything seems to be working correctly in regards to collecting statistics.  But god this yellow box annoys me.

0 Kudos
a_nut_in
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

You might need to get a support call logged on this - if nothing more than to get the message removed :smileyplain: From what I see in the documentation, I think VCSA is waiting for the hosts to confirm a notification or a stats update was sent across, but if this is using Quick Stats, documentation on quick stats mentions it does not support notifications?

BTW is the VCSA and the ESXi host(s) on the same network? Could there be a port requirement or something (could be UDP or a required port might be blocked for all we know)

0 Kudos
VZh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Try running on host "Reconfigure for vSphere HA"

In our case, it solved the problem

0 Kudos
flakpyro
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Same issue here, very strange. Everything seems to be working fine.

0 Kudos
mauser_
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Tried with the HA-option. But still same problem!

0 Kudos
krismcewan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have the sam eissue with my HP ML115 lab kit. 

BUT on my IBM 3445's the error isnt there.

all upgraded at the same time and all with the same iso's

A VMware Consultant in Scotland for Taupo Consulting http://www.taupoconsulting.co.uk If you think I'm right or helpful award me some points please
0 Kudos
krismcewan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

UPDATE

now i have rebooted all my hosts they are all showign this error

A VMware Consultant in Scotland for Taupo Consulting http://www.taupoconsulting.co.uk If you think I'm right or helpful award me some points please
0 Kudos
Bartman71
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

I have exactly the same error. Sometimes it disappears for some time after the esxi is rebooted, but comes back after some time as well.

Regards

Marc

0 Kudos
a_nut_in
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Has anyone opened a support ticket on this yet?

Also would it be possible for someone seeing this to collect and upload the log files for the VCSA?

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1011641

Regards

a

admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Can we get a SR created for the issue and provide the SR number so that we can take a look?

0 Kudos
iforbes
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

We're obviously all seeing the same thing. It's a bug. Hopefully VMware will address ASAP.

0 Kudos
Phog
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

This is on my home lab, so I feel like VMware won't support it.  We've got a contract at work, but we're still on 5.1, so I'm guessing my hands are tied in that department.

Have we found any rhyme or reason to this?  I know it happens on HP and Dell, I know it happens on upgrades and fresh installs.  Is it happening on any other hardware?

0 Kudos
mauser_
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

When i Enable HA and after this Disable HA the error is gone.

After a reboot of the host the error is back again!

0 Kudos