VMware Cloud Community
dgs23
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vCenter 5.5 (Win) to 6.5 (VCSA) migration error "failed to publish trusted certificate"

Hi all,

Currently attempting a migration from a Windows based vCenter 5.5 (update 3k) to a 6.5 U2 appliance. The migration is failing at "starting vmware authentication framework" & displays the error "Error: Failed to publish trusted certificate".

I'm struggling to find any KB articles on VMware about this particular error - I've looked through the support bundle logs & found a couple of errors e.g:

vmcad-syslog.log - "failed to update root certs due to error"

fbStatusInt.json - "install.vmafd.publish_cert_failed"

The windows vCenter is using the default self-signed certificate & hasn't expired. Both rui.crt & cacert.pem files are present on the windows vcenter & they check out ok when using openssl to verify.

I'm a little stuck as to what may be causing this - I've got a support ticket open with VMware at the moment, but in the meantime wondered if anyone else had come across a similar issue?

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks

David

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dgs23
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Found the issue with assistance from support. Turns out it was an issue with the password for the SSO account (too long/complex). Reset it to something simple & the migration succeeded on the next attempt.

Thought it'd be useful to put here just in case anyone else comes across a similar issue Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
dgs23
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Found the issue with assistance from support. Turns out it was an issue with the password for the SSO account (too long/complex). Reset it to something simple & the migration succeeded on the next attempt.

Thought it'd be useful to put here just in case anyone else comes across a similar issue Smiley Happy

0 Kudos