VMware Cloud Community
pside66
Contributor
Contributor

vCSA after upgrade to 6.5 not showing any hosts

Hi!

I'm trying to perform an update from vCenter and vSphere from 6.0 to 6.5, but vCenter hangs after upgrade to 6.5. With hangs I mean: installation/migration goes well, startup goes well, but when I logon to vCenter (Flash and HTML5), no hosts are displayed. I just get a "loading..." (screenshot) and nothing happens.

Any idea how to debug that? What log files should I look at?

TIA

Untitled.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
1ArizonaGeek
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the exact same problem on a brand new install of ESXi 6.5 and VCSA 6.5 I have no VMs yet and no idea what this is doing. This is using the Flash site, if I use the HTML5 site I get nothing, not even a loading screen. I have deleted the vCenter server and reinstalled 5 times now and each time its the same thing. Any fix for this?

0 Kudos
1ArizonaGeek
Contributor
Contributor

Here is what I did and now it works. I am not sure exactly which part made it work, maybe a combination. I uninstalled my thick client and the VMware Enhanced Authentication Plug-in. I shutdown the vCSA and rebooted each host (again I have no VMs yet, mine is a brand new install) then I cleared all my Browsing Data and rebooted the server I was using to connect to the vcenter. When I logged back in, I restarted the vCSA and I re-ran the installer for the VMware Enhanced Authentication Plug-in. Then logged in with Flash as the sso administrator and clicked Home (Control-Alt-1) and everything showed up.

Now if I can get logins via Active Directory working I would be happy .... one accomplishment at a time.

0 Kudos
zoha664
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all,

Problem is account pivileges. Try sign in as administrator@domain

pastedImage_3.png

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

See below video for vSphere 6.5 - How to install and configure VMware vCenter 6.5 Appliance

vSphere 6.5 - How to install and configure VMware vCenter 6.5 Appliance - YouTube

Regards,

Randhir

If you found my answers useful please consider marking them as Correct OR Helpful

0 Kudos