VMware Cloud Community
nebb2k8
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vCLS hidden

Since upgrading to 7.0.2.00200, I have noticed that the vast majority of the vCLS VMs are not visable in vCenter at all.

You cannot find them listed in Host, VM and Templates or the datastore view. They 100% exist, you can see the files in the datastore when browsing and when you login directly to the ESXi host.

If I cannot see them, I cannot move them from the very poor Datastore choice it made.

Any one else experiencing this?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
depping
Leadership
Leadership

The vCLS VMs are only shown to users which are part of the administrator group. If you are part of the Admin group, or logged in as admin, you should be able to see them.

nebb2k8
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Quick reponse, thanks you.

I have Administrator permissions set at global. I have 4 vCenters all on the same version, same result.

Although as per your advice I just checked using SSO Admin. That works!

Bug?

0 Kudos
nebb2k8
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Whats also interesting, I have a single cluster to which 2/4 vCLS are visible under my user administrator account. All other clusters are not.

0 Kudos
nebb2k8
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

SR 21234642406

0 Kudos
bovie2k
Contributor
Contributor

Mine are now hidden as well unless I login as the Global Administrator. With my "normal" admin user I can see everything but the vCLS VM's. I agree something changed between vCenter Server 7.0 Update 2b or c and before. I wonder if too many people were messing with them. I assume this is normal now?

0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership

Yes this is normal behaviour / by design indeed now.

0 Kudos
bovie2k
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks

0 Kudos
danielmgrinnell
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This fixed my issue, thanks! 

0 Kudos