VMware Cloud Community
johnsongrantr
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

unable to communicate between vswitch and management net

I am setting up a view environment. Attached is a visual on the general architecture.

ESX hosts are all setup and configured and working with vmotion and HA. vCenter, SQL, and Connection/view windows servers are all up and running correctly to my knowledge on the management net. My client machines are running correctly to my knowledge on my client net. My shared storeage is hosting the virtuals on my iscsi net.

I can externally communicate (RDP/PING) with all 3 nets and vice versa. However I am unable to communicate internally between the default management and client nets though.

I am not too experienced with networking, esp virtual switches. Is there something I need to do to allow communication between a vswitch and the default management net that is created.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnsongrantr
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

problem was with subnetting. I had the subnet mask set differently 255.255.252.0 & 255.255.255.0 on the machines in each network.

thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
johnsongrantr
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

problem was with subnetting. I had the subnet mask set differently 255.255.252.0 & 255.255.255.0 on the machines in each network.

thanks

0 Kudos