VMware Cloud Community
Janmail
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

unable to add host, error : license not available to perform the operation vcenter 6.7

Hi guys.

I have a problem adding a host to Vcenter.

My vcenter and all hosts are officially licensed.

I'm running vcenter 6.7 appliance. and have multiple hosts active already for long time on it.

Now I wanted to add another host which is licensed for 1 cpu unlimited cores and it's also a long working host

I when  true the steps of adding the hosts, all goes well. then on the down side of vcenter window it starts adding it, and just before progress window is full it shows license not available to perform the operation vcenter 6.7.

I checked the license, it's good license and it works on host for long time, and track my license on vmware site is also OK,

the license is also in the list of licenses on vcenter and shows as free, and says : this license is not assigned, to comply with eula assign this license to at least one asset.

I tried removing the license from the list, and adding again. nothing helps.

this is an active vcenter with multiple active hosts, all working fine, just now I needed to add this host and get this error.

please advise how to solve this issue.

thanks in advance. any help is much much appreciated.

vcenter version 6.7

all hosts including this host that I'm unabe to add are version 6.0

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Janmail
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Guys, it seems that somehow my license file got mixed up, and one of the test server licenses was installed on this esxi, so it's a free version I guess. that's why vcenter does not accept it.

Strange that when I checked the license on the vmware site it didnot show me that's its Free.

but OK, this problem is solved. it was because of free license usage.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Janmail
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Janmail
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Guys, it seems that somehow my license file got mixed up, and one of the test server licenses was installed on this esxi, so it's a free version I guess. that's why vcenter does not accept it.

Strange that when I checked the license on the vmware site it didnot show me that's its Free.

but OK, this problem is solved. it was because of free license usage.

0 Kudos