VMware Cloud Community
ArunRameswaran
Contributor
Contributor

suggest me project task................????

hi,

Myself arun rameswaran doing my final year computer science engineering.......

i m seeking help from you all experts and people had somewhat experience in vmware products.... especially vsphere 5 and above...

i m very much interested in virtualisation .. so i decided to do my final year project in virtualisation domain ....

i tried some automation scripts are as follows

1.Automatically join esxi host to vcenter server... http://www.virtuallyghetto.com/2011/03/how-to-automatically-add-esxi-host-to.html

which i was tried in version 5.x ... and i got failed .... i was not able to proceed .. cause i am fresher in this ...

2.Next to that i tried automatic power off esxi and its Vms ...... which that was shell script ... i got permission denied error even i logged in as root and that shell script file was given permission as chmod 777       chmod 755     chmod  +x...

3.Hardware monitoring ......ck :: Nagios Plugin check_esxi_hardware.py to monitor ESX and ESXi Hardware ::

i ve installed  python and pywbem as per instructions..... but i dont know how to execute the script and from where i should execute either remotely using putty or else i should upload it to the datastore ???   

i stuck down.... please help me .. i need to finish it of before 28th march...

please kindly suggest me any option with step by step instruction coz i m fresher .... or else suggest me any other simple automation  scripts.......

thanks,

arun

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
0 Replies