VMware Cloud Community
formz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

/storage/core full - core.vpxd.XXX files

VCSA 6.0

I've seen lots of threads about core dumps, worker files, etc... but I haven't been able to find anything about core.vpxd.XXXX files where XXXX is a number. As you can see from the attached screen shot some of these files are huge. Is it safe to delete those?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
bhards4
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi Formz,

Well , these are the worker.logs which might help you to understand what impact the OS. Moreover these logs identifies if any non-responsive HOSTD or could be any hardware issue or resource crunch on the OS.

To, answer your question, yes, deleting these logs files will not going to affect the ESXi OS. If you want to delete , its quite safe to delete them.

- Sachin

0 Kudos
formz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm thinking of just deleting the ones that haven't changed in a while. There are files in there with change dates dating back to December of 2015! I'm thinking if I can delete the ones that are over say, 60 days old, I won't lose any valuable data.

0 Kudos
bhards4
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Yes, you can delete the old logs less then 30 days. Basically these are the old logs which are all history. You are safe to delete them & will not cause any data loss kind of situation.

-Sachin

0 Kudos