VMware Cloud Community
AmOurEuX
Contributor
Contributor

sso configuration issue

Hi everyone!

I got problem with sso configuration

after adding vCenter to domain "vclass.local"  i got problem in vSphere client - it's not showing domain when i'm trying to add permissions for my test user

also i can't even log in web client - it shows me error about "can't connect to sso server"

i've tryed to reconfigure sso :

1) stop vpxd proccess

Screen Shot 2013-03-13 at 5.47.39 PM.png

2) tryed to reconfigure sso

Screen Shot 2013-03-13 at 5.47.25 PM.png

but getting this error message

also while rebooting vCenter vm i'm getting "cannot authenticate user" and then it stops on "waiting for vpxd..."

Screen Shot 2013-03-13 at 5.57.23 PM.png

the exception unknown software exception, leads to a logical exclusion illogical exceptions known software exceptions in connection with only his exceptional connection with an unknown exception ....
0 Kudos
4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Without knowing how the appliance was configured, it's hard to help. If this is a new installation, I'd recommend you wipe it out and reinstall it again following the excellent step-by-step explanation at http://www.kendrickcoleman.com/index.php/Tech-Blog/vsphere-51-vcenter-virtual-appliance-and-web-clie...

André

0 Kudos
AmOurEuX
Contributor
Contributor

thanks, Andre!

appliance was configured with default settings and then added to domain.

i'v allready install new instance of vCenter, but i want to solve that problem because it can apear in production enviroment and then i won't be able to simply reinstall vCenter

the exception unknown software exception, leads to a logical exclusion illogical exceptions known software exceptions in connection with only his exceptional connection with an unknown exception ....
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I understand. Unfortunately I can't help you much with this, but maybe http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2033152 contains some useful hints!?

André

0 Kudos
ramkrishna1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

Welcome to the communities.

Could you please check if is there any log file which may help you to resolve this .

/var/log/vmware/sso/utils/sso_servicecfg.log file

"a journey of a thousand miles starts    with a single step."
0 Kudos