VMware Cloud Community
usertrab
Contributor
Contributor

srm vcenter

hello,

I would like to ask a question : could we use the same vcenter licence key in two different sites that will be configured by SRM as production and recovery sites?

thanks

12 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

No, you must have a license for two separate vCenter Server instances.

usertrab
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for your reply 🙂

could you please tell me at which step it stops me if i put the same vcenter licence for two sites?

thanks

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Why? You are violating your licensing agreement if you do so. As I said, you must have two separate vCenters which means two separate entitlements.

0 Kudos
usertrab
Contributor
Contributor

no no. I just need to test srm solution in a test environment.is it even impossible in a test environnement??

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You can use a second vCenter in your second site in trial/evaluation mode for 60 days.

0 Kudos
usertrab
Contributor
Contributor

just another question,as i understand there is a vcenter licence checking process when configuring SRM?that's it?

thanks a lot for your replies 🙂

0 Kudos
ThompsG
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi usertrab​ and welcome to the community!

Removed my response as realized you were talking about vCenter licenses not SRM licenses. In this case you need to buy a vCenter licenses for both the Protected and Recovery site. As you were Smiley Wink

VMware audits are not fun, even when you are fully complaint, so play fair and buy the correct licenses. It is worth it in the long run.

Kind regards.

0 Kudos
usertrab
Contributor
Contributor

ok,very well 🙂

but i just need to know about it, if it is possible or not .

thanks

0 Kudos
ThompsG
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

And to doubly confirm - you are talking about the vCenter license here not the SRM licenses? Is that correct?

usertrab
Contributor
Contributor

yes,it is.i am talking about vcenter licences.

0 Kudos
usertrab
Contributor
Contributor

so, i need to know just the information about this possibilty!

thanks for replies

0 Kudos
ThompsG
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi usertrab​,

What you are asking here is can I break the VMware EULA and will the product stop working if I do so. This is not an answer you are going to get in this community.

The correct answer is “you should buy a new license for the second vCenter” as has been previously mentioned.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but just trying to prevent you getting into trouble Smiley Wink

Kind regards.

0 Kudos