VMware Cloud Community
lwsamcn01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

remove cluster from data center

Hello, Expert,

we built a cluster and add two  host into the cluster.

unfortunately, we have no required hearbeat datastores for host

The number of heartbeat datastores for host is 1, which is less than required: 2"

so I like to remove the two hosts to original path. (move back to data center,). how can do this? The procedure is correct?

01. disable all feature of cluster.

02. move host out of the cluster

I see system give information cluster setup remembered, I wonder if i delete the cluster, all setup on VM/host will be removed?

infrastructure as attached screenshot .

HA cluster.JPG

brgds

Liu Wei

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VysakhNair
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

lwsamcn01

HA will work with one datastore, but ideally the recommended by VMware is two to provides additional resilience.

You can resolve this error by adding one more shared datastore or you can suppress this error

VMware Knowledge Base

vSphere - 'The Number of HA Heartbeat Datastores for this host is 0' | PeteNetLive

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you think your question have been answered correctly. Vysakh Nair Blog - https://www.vxpert.in

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
VysakhNair
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

lwsamcn01

HA will work with one datastore, but ideally the recommended by VMware is two to provides additional resilience.

You can resolve this error by adding one more shared datastore or you can suppress this error

VMware Knowledge Base

vSphere - 'The Number of HA Heartbeat Datastores for this host is 0' | PeteNetLive

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you think your question have been answered correctly. Vysakh Nair Blog - https://www.vxpert.in
0 Kudos