In the current vCenter Server Appliance (embedded Progress Database), an error is occurring every 5 minutes...
Stats insertion failed for entity esx4.localdomain.com due to ODBC error.
Performance graphs are working normally, so I don't know this is really an issue...
I have found the following kb articles, but I am not sure they are applicable for my situation.
Anyone familiar with this error? Can I safely ignore it?
I just started having the same issue. I'm running VCSA 5.5 U1b and the database is showing at 12%. In fact I ran the procedure to resize the database a while ago and everything was working well until yesterday.
Also, I have no issues with old performance data, everything is showing properly. Except for the errors under "events".
Any help will be appreciated.
I'm seeing the same issues after upgrading to VCSA 5.5U3.
I do have statistics intervals set to level 4 for each duration settings and will revisit potentially reducing certain aspects following the below reference:
But my database backups are only ~7GB.
I will also look into the link provided at the bottom of one of the links you provided as well regarding reducing the number of events retained:
It does appear all performance data that would be pulled from execution of the rollup scripts is missing... ie, when I look at live performance data it is there, however if I chance the view to look at last week's data the data doesn't exist any point past when vCenter was upgraded to VCSA 5.5U3.
I bet more and more people are going to start seeing this issue.... and I just noticed there is a VCS 5.5U3a released that from release notes appears to address this issue...