VMware Cloud Community
petermie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

"vNetwork Distributed Switch contains dvPort IDs with prefix c-" in skyline, but I can't find any

Hello,

We started using skyline advisor a while back and one of the things that seems to always pop up is "vNetwork Distributed Switch contains dvPort IDs with prefix c-" but when I check the VDS that it mentions, there's no ports that start with "c-". I even went through on the host level and checked the ports there with "esxcli network vswitch dvs vmware list" and still can't find any. At first I figured that might be a stale finding but other findings that have been found seem to go away automatically after a while once they're fixed but this one seems to stay so I'm wondering what the problem is. I also occasionally have an issue where that DVS goes "out of sync" with a host (different ones but usually only one at a time) and nothing will fix it short of disconnecting the host and forcefully removing it while disconnecting followed by reconnecting and rejoining it to the DVS. Could these two be related, and if so how do I go about finding the cause?

0 Kudos
0 Replies