hallo all, here what i as about PSC :
1. Does Appliance PSC work with windows vcenter, or vice cersa? i tried ( WIndows PSC and Aplliiance vcenter ) and it does not work. Any configuration that need to applied with?
2. How to configure multiple PSC? based on this doc = vCenter Server 6 Deployment Topologies and High Availability - VMware vSphere Blog
A. How to configure if i use multiple PSC without load balancer ( sync between PSC ). Say, single Site A PSC and single site B PSC, but each vcenter registered with each psc, not VIP of loadbalance.
B. Even with VIP, i still not know how to configure to sync between PSC.
3. Does PSC appliance support active directory?
thanks in advances.
1. Yes, the windows installations and VCSA are interchangeable. What issues did you have? What process are you following to install and configure? Why are you doing a mixed deployment?
2. Can you refer to which specific configuration?
a) You would deploy a PSC into the same vSphere SSO domain into different SSO sites. Deploying a second PSC into a vSphere SSO domain will automatically configure replication between the PSC nodes. When you deploy the vCenter Server, you choose which SSO site to deploy it in to and which PSC to register the VC against
b) Can't comment on this much as I don't have any real world experience, but this is a reasonably complex option. The following article contains some helpful information as well as some links to configuring supported load balancers - FAQ: VMware Platform Services Controller in vSphere 6.0 (2113115) | VMware KB
3. You can join the PSC to an active directory domain and then configure Active Directory as an identity source for authentication and permissions
I'd suggest looking at the PSC Topology Decision Tree (Platform Services Controller Topology Decision Tree - VMware vSphere Blog) and deciding on a topology to meet your business requirements for the platform.