VMware Cloud Community
Username2099
Contributor
Contributor

question on update process from Vcenter 7.0.0.10700

If I am looking to update to the latest version of vcenter from Vcenter 7.0.0.10700, which I believe at the time of this writing is vCenter Server 7.0 U2 (7.0.2.00000 17694817 17694817), would I need to install all of the individual patches individually from my version up to 7.0.0.2?  Or could I just install the patch for 7.0 U2 and that would include the patches in between?

thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Assuming that your vCenter Server has Internet access, log in to the VAMI interface and select Update. The page will show you all possible direct updates, from which you can pick the one that you want to update to.

André

Username2099
Contributor
Contributor

what if it did not have internet access?

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

You can download the latest patch image (e.g. VMware-vCenter-Server-Appliance-7.0.x.yyyyy-zzzzzzzz-patch-FP.iso) and attach it to the vCenter Server's virtual CD-ROM drive. If a direct update is possible, it will show up in the VAMI.
In the past there have been a few cases where one needed to update/patch in multiple steps, but usually it's a single step update/patch.

André

Username2099
Contributor
Contributor

Ok thanks, just to confirm, I should be able to burn a disc with update 2 and it should cover all steps up to it?

0 Kudos
Ajay1988
Expert
Expert

Check this   https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/7.0/rn/vsphere-vcenter-server-702-release-notes.html

Ajay1988_0-1619533513754.png

If you think your queries have been answered
Mark this response as "Correct" or "Helpful".

Regards,
AJ
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

>>> ... I should be able to burn a disc ...
No need to burn the image. The vCente Server Appliance is a virtual machine, so you can e.g. upload the ISO image to a datastore, and mount it to the vCenter Server VM in its virtual CD-ROM settings.

André

0 Kudos