VMware Cloud Community
doug_hamp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

network core change

We are switching out all of our core switches this weekend (from cisco to HP). The current hosts have no redundancy basically one nic to a common switch. I have added a 4 port network card to each host (4) and pre-configured vSwitches (2 ports for mgmt, 2 for vm network, etc). The 10G iscsi ports & cables to the SAN will not be touched.

My question is when moving to the new core switch can I simply connect a new cable to a new vswitch vm network port - let it sync & then remove the current cable?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vmrale
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

As I understood You are replacing core switches, so the access switches (top-of-the-rack) and their configuration is not changing. Right?

If Yes, so You dont have to worry if You taook care to properly configure core switches to interoperate with access switches.

Regards

Regards
Radek

If you think your question have been answered correctly, please consider marking it as a solution or rewarding me with kudos.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
vmrale
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

As I understood You are replacing core switches, so the access switches (top-of-the-rack) and their configuration is not changing. Right?

If Yes, so You dont have to worry if You taook care to properly configure core switches to interoperate with access switches.

Regards

Regards
Radek

If you think your question have been answered correctly, please consider marking it as a solution or rewarding me with kudos.
0 Kudos