VMware Cloud Community
rnapiza
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

looking to install the HTML5 client for vCenter 6.0

Hi,

i'm looking to install the HTML5 fling client for vCenter 6.0.  Would I still be able to access the "old" web client if the HTML5 client is installed?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Where/how are you deploying this? You download an OVA file. You deploy that OVA using the vSphere Web Client (Flex). When you do, the last page in the wizard prompts you for networking.

pastedImage_0.png

I just ran through this in my lab and have absolutely no problem getting static IP or gateway to stick.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Yes, the fling is a separate appliance and does not make changes to your existing vCenter Server.

rnapiza
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks!!!

I forgot to mention that my vCenter is Windows Server with embedded PSC.

Does that change anything?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Does that change anything?

No, other than you need to ditch that Windows-based vCenter as soon as humanly possible because it is at the end of the line.

0 Kudos
rnapiza
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

yeah.. that's in the pipeline...amongst other things...

0 Kudos
rnapiza
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

right.. so i've installed the html5 client and everything looks good.  had to set some IP information in the vApp options for the appliance.

However, the only thing that isn't set is the default gateway.  simple enough to do route add.. but how do i make this permanent in the appliance?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You shouldn't have to manually set any IP information if it was deployed correctly. How and what did you use to deploy it?

0 Kudos
rnapiza
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

deployed the ovf template

had to set the IP address manually in the vApp options, but it seems like the gateway isn't sticking..

I set the gateway here:

h5v-app.PNG

but it doesn't stick.. if i look at the ovf environment.. the IP is wrong

<Property oe:key="vami.gateway.vSphere_Web_Client_Appliance" oe:value="x.x.y.z"/>

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Where/how are you deploying this? You download an OVA file. You deploy that OVA using the vSphere Web Client (Flex). When you do, the last page in the wizard prompts you for networking.

pastedImage_0.png

I just ran through this in my lab and have absolutely no problem getting static IP or gateway to stick.

0 Kudos
rnapiza
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

i see what went wrong... the thick client doesn't give me any other options except for IP address.

0 Kudos