VMware Cloud Community
ferexderta
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

independent_persistent disk

I can't get back up from these servers with veeam. can I change the disc modes? but these two virtual servers are using shared disks. Do I have the ability to make disks a virtual disk ? After changing the disk mode, it would be a problem on windows server or what should be done on windows server?   Is there a way of not risking it?

Can I also move virtual machines to other hosts with this configuration? or when the host is down, the virtual server will automatically switch to another host. vmotion !

There is only one network adapter on both virtual servers . we use failover cluster and Do you think a single adapter should be missing?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
dbalcaraz
Expert
Expert

Hi,

Many questions you ask...seems that you are confused.

If these disks are LUNs and they are in pyhsical mode because it's required for a Clustered disk and Multiple hosts, then you can't change anything of what you are asking.

Which is the problem of backing up these servers with Veeam?

You should confiigure the Cluster IP to access each LUN and backup all of them.

There is more information on how to configure a MSCS: https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/6.5/vsphere-esxi-vcenter-server-651-setup-mscs.pdf

-------------------------------------------------------- "I greet each challenge with expectation"
0 Kudos