VMware Cloud Community
Noor2122
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

how to find who made changes in Cluster/DRS affinity rules

We have a VM with USB attached and this VM has VM hast affinity to the host. Last day when we rebooted the host it lost the connectivity to USB and when checked found this VM on a different host. I was amazed as because i was sure we have a VM host affinity however when crosschecked, rule was there but didn't find VM there.

I would appreciate if one can suggest how to how to find who made changes in Cluster/DRS affinity rules and removeed the VM from it.

- Noor Mohammad
0 Kudos
3 Replies
greco827
Expert
Expert

If it was recent, it should show in the events list of the cluster as a cluster reconfigure task.  However, that could be any number of things and not necessarily a change to a DRS Rule.  However, it does give you a time frame in which to search in the logs.  Your vCenter server (if it is Windows) should have a log called "drmdump", which contains DRS logs.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful https://communities.vmware.com/people/greco827/blog
0 Kudos
MRoushdy
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I think prior to vSphere 6.0, you won't be able to identify the username of the person who made that change, because only a single username appears in all logs

vEXPERT - VCAP-DCV - Blog: arabitnetwork.com | YouTube: youtube.com/c/MohamedRoushdy
0 Kudos
Noor2122
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hmmm...unfortunately i couldn't find a way to figure out last modifiers name...anyways thanks for the response

- Noor Mohammad
0 Kudos