VMware Cloud Community
baber
Expert
Expert

how can decrease number of lag in LACP

Dear all

Hi

i have created LACP on dswitch with lag0-1 and lag0-2 now i have 2 question :

1 - how can decrease my lag for example i want remove lag0-2 ?

BR

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

A LAG doesn't only require configuration on the virtual side, but also on the physical switch(es).

If you want to reconfigure the LAG, I'd suggest you either unplug the appropriate network cable first (the port that you want to remove), or shutdown the physical switch port. Don't forget to remove the physical port from the channel group on the switch before you take it online again.

André

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

so thanks

i know had to remove that lag from physical switch but now want to know

can you say me where can i remove one of my lag in vds ?

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I do not have access to a live system at the moment, so I can't tell you exactly how to proceed, but I'd assume that the steps are similar as with assigning NICs.

see Assign Physical NICs to the Ports of the Link Aggregation Group

If this is not what you are looking for, please describe exactly what you are trying to achieve. Some screenshots might as well be helpful.

André

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

so thanks but i want unassign  one of my pnic from lacp for example i have create a lag and now it is lag0-1 and lag0-2

now want to know how can remove just lag0-2 on vds  and decrease that from 2 lag to one lag on vds

BR

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I'm still not sure whether I understand this correctly.

lag0-1 and lag0-1 are physical uplink ports of the LAG, and it's the LAG which you assign to a distributed switch.

To change the settings, you need to modify the LAG settings themselves, i.e. not the dvSwitch.

Please post some screenshots about how the dvSwitch (in regards of the LAG) looks like, and how the LAG is configured.

André

0 Kudos