VMware Cloud Community
zhenmie365
Contributor
Contributor

helpful!Something wrong from customizeVM_Task()!

Hi,

I customized Vm by code using the method customizeVM_Task(),then much problem come out!

If the template's OS is windows 7 or linux ,this method work! but if the template's OS is server 2003 or server 2008, this method doesn't work! and the fault is vague : Can not finish Customization! Helpful!

And the timezone setting confused me lot! I don't have any idea of the meaning of the number to represent which timezone is! I just use the one number "4". the code is following :

{

CustomizationGuiUnattended guiUnattended = new CustomizationGuiUnattended();

guiUnattended.setTimeZone(4); //America

}

I want the number representive of the Chinese timezone.

Thanks for helps!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
bdonders
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos
zhenmie365
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for helping !

0 Kudos
aneverov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

In order to customize XP/2003, you would also need to install the sysprep files. Please see article VMware KB: Sysprep file locations and versions for more details.

Please note that it's not needed for Windows Vista and above. If you still get an error, please provide related vpxd log (from the support bundle) or open an SR.

Best Regards,

Andrii

/* Please remember to mark answer as 'helpful' or 'correct' such that other users know it can be used and people focusing on ‘unanswered’ questions can skip it. */
0 Kudos